Dolphin - Server
A real server for real work
The standard Dolphin Server provides you with a sturdy server all of your own. A full-length rackmounted, metal server filled with the components necessary to make your sites fly. We install two drives, with one backing up the other. Should the primary drive fail, you can boot off the backup drive immediately and get back in business with minimum downtime. The Dolphin provides real-server reliability and power. Learn about the amazing support and infrastructure we provide via the links on the right, or see below for a summary of the the Dolphin's features.
- Debian / GNU Linux1
- Web control panel1
- Unrivaled bandwidth1
- 3 hour support response time1
- 24 / 7 Emergency SMS service1
- ZDR power control system1
- Java Servlets and JSP1
- Two drive system1
- Case1U rack mount
- ProcessorDual Core AMD Athlon
- Disk Space2 x 500GB SATA
- Network Card10/100 ethernet
- BackupNightly local
Bandwidth & Environment
- Network100 Mb/s backbone via 100 Mb/s switch port.
- RoutingMultiple BGP-controlled backbone resilience.
- EnvironmentSecure server room with air conditioning and climate control.
- PowerDiesel generator power backup.
- MonitoringBasic system monitoring (external full SMS service monitoring available as an optional extra)
- Server RebootZDR (Zero Delay Reboot) via user-controlled web panel.
- Bandwidth500GB per month
O.S. & Software
- Operating systemDebian/GNU Linux.
- Web serverApache.
- Server accessUnix shell (via SSH), FTP, web-based Control Panel. Superuser (root) access allowed
- Control panelComprehensive web-based admin system for server and email administration.
- Mail serverQmail (with Sendmail emulation), Vpopmail, SQWebmail, EzMLM.
- Name serverDedicated DNS Server.
- TechnologiesPHP, Perl, MySQL, Python, Apache (more can be installed as required).
- E-CommerceSSL secure server facilities (requires SSL certificate).
- Software Updates & InstallationAdvanced Packaging Tool available from command line and web panel.
- SMS Monitoring£25 per month
- Network Backup£300 per quarter
- Setup Charge£99
- Monthly Payment Charge£175
- Quarterly Payment Option£515
- Annual Payment Option£2030
- Minimum Terms12 Months
- Normal Setup TimeSame Day